Saturday, April 12, 2014

26 weeks...


As we conclude the second trimester, I have been griping day in and day out about how heavy my uterus feels. Fortunately, I have a job where I can lay in bed or sit on the couch all day, so I really can't complain too much. It's still hard to believe that a week from today, we'll be just 3 months away from our estimated due date of July 19th!

Felipe's college friend Pat came to visit from Columbus this weekend. We grilled out last night (chicken, burgers, and hot dogs -- mmmm!), after buying delicious ice cream from the ice cream shop in our backyard, of course. We started today with homemade sausage gravy and not-so-homemade biscuits, then we drove to Oberlin where we got coffee, walked around the square, bought a couple of poetry books for Felipe in honor of poetry month, and had a fantastic dinner at The Feve. Seriously, their Buffalo Shishkawouk (sp?) with masochistic sauce is divine. On our adventure, I sported these not so attractive but insanely comfortable Crocs, which I found for $11 at Burlington a few weeks ago and decided were the answer to all of my pregnant woman woes. It's basically like a foot massage all day when I have them on.

I would write more, but it's getting late and my husband is going to read me a poem he wrote for poetry month, so I'd better not.

4 comments:

  1. Poetry Month!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should be capitalized and have like a zillion exclamation marks after it. it is very important and very widely celebrated. -Felipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. You are going to be the most beautiful mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. She is going to share your middle name!

    ReplyDelete