Sunday, May 18, 2014

Week 31: Showered with Love

I'm taking a break from writing thank you notes to share a little bit about our weekend while it's still fresh in my memory. Yesterday afternoon, we celebrated Ivory with a beautiful shower hosted by my mother-in-law, Wendy, and my mama. It was so encouraging to be surrounded by so many wonderful ladies (and a couple of men, too), and now that the shower is over, the countdown seems even more real.

We hardly know how to express our gratitude and surprise at how many beautiful, meaningful gifts we received. It's safe to say that our daughter will never have to go cold or naked in the first 9 months of her life, even if I do procrastinate a little too much with laundry, which I may have a tendency to do. It would take far too long to list every treasure we were given, but I'll share the few photos I have of the event instead. My sister-in-law's boyfriend took about 600 photos, so there will be more to come.


Here I am opening a gift from my friend Abby, and if you can't tell, I'm pretty psyched about the contents of this box.
Our friend Karen, who came quite a way to celebrate with us.
A few of the guests watching us unwrap more gifts
Wooden blocks: table decorations and a gift for us!
Pregnant ladies eat first: my dear friend Amberly is due just 4 weeks after I am, on August 15th!


Our beautiful cake: Celebrating Ivory Victoria






2 comments:

  1. Aaawwww, thanks for posting the picture of us together. I have watched you grow up from a little girl playing together with Erica at convention time, to hair do's during the teen years. You have become such a beautiful young woman, wife and soon to be mother. So thankful to have you as a friend. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The Momma, the guests, the cake AND the name! I can't wait to meet little Ivory!

    ReplyDelete