Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Coronado: Day 1

Saying "goodbye" to La Jolla and our beloved balcony. My dad reminded me that I'd brought a tripod, heh.
Our room at the Hotel Del Coronado, our final stop!
Posing in front of the Del
Seriously, I've gotten much more pregnant since leaving Ohio. The nice weather brought Baby Garcia out of hibernation.
Another shot of our newest sleeping place
Okay, so when we got to Coronado, after we took a walk down to the ocean and scoped out our surroundings, I got this terrible (and I mean terrible) craving for a hot dog. We started walking up and down Orange Avenue, and I was stopping at every restaurant to read their menu, but it seemed like no one had what I needed/wanted. So, I whipped out my handy dandy smartphone and googled "hot dogs coronado," which brought up Delux Dogs, a gourmet hot dog shop about .2 miles from where we were standing! After a brisk walk up the street, we found our destination, and were SO satisfied with what we found. I explained that I was craving a spicy hot dog, and the extremely helpful man at the counter helped me create this gem with fresh jalapenos, a spicy polish hot dog, homemade salsa, mustard, onions, and their red sauce. This was one very happy pregnant lady. Highly recommend this place.
Felipe chose one of their specialty dogs, which looked great as well, especially with its blue cheese crumbles and fresh tomatoes.


2 comments:

  1. I am LOVING your pictures:) Imagining I'm feeling that sunshine too. Love all the food posts, one of my favorite things. You guys look like your having a blast, ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Baby seems to be growing away in all that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete