Thursday, June 5, 2014

Reminiscing

It's been an incredibly long, busy week since I quit working. Last Saturday, we looked at about 5 houses in Ashland, then decided we were going to make an offer on one of them on Sunday evening. When we visited it the first time, only my mom came along, so we requested a second walk through with all four of our parents. Once that was over with, we trekked over to the real estate office to write up an offer, and our agent informed us that we'd just done the most difficult thing in buying a first home (showing it to our parents). Tuesday morning, we got a "yes" from the seller, and I made an appointment to meet with the mortgage lender at our bank in the afternoon. I walked in with a whole stack of documents I'd been gathering since contacting them for pre-approval the previous Wednesday (my birthday, coincidentally!), and after over an hour in her office, I was sent off with another thick stack of documents needing Felipe's signature. I went to my parents' house to get a couple of other paperwork issues taken care of and emailed over to our lender, then Felipe met me there, where I explained the paperwork to him and we signed it all together.

Tuesday morning, I also woke up with an intense sore throat which worsened throughout the day. In celebration of Felipe's new job position in probation and the acceptance of our offer on the house, we decided to go out for dinner one last time, but unfortunately, I had to leave the restaurant mid-meal due to feeling increasingly sick and like I was going to pass out. Wednesday (yesterday) morning, I woke up feeling much, much worse and called my doctor to see if they felt it necessary that I come in. They were concerned about strep so asked for me to be there at 9:30; fortunately, the strep test came back negative, but I was diagnosed as having a bad sinus infection and prescribed an antibiotic.

Today, I met with our lender again to finalize paperwork before she left for vacation this afternoon. I called a home inspector and set up an appointment to have a general home, pest, and radon inspection completed next Monday morning at 9, so as long as that all goes smoothly and the results are positive, we are looking at a closing date by July 15th. All we have left to do is figure out what insurance provider we will be using. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of companies with quotes.

Anyway, I've been browsing through our wedding photos this afternoon. It will be 9 months next Saturday since we tied the knot! I can say that I love him more every day. I'll leave you with these:




1 comment:

  1. I hope the results were okay, and that you guys got to close in on a deal! Buying a home to call your very own is the next big step for a couple in their first few years of marriage. Taking a look at all that has happened, from your wedding to your baby bump selifies, reminiscing is a good activity to find out how far you have come along in this journey of two, and soon to be three. Good luck with the house, and congratulations on your upcoming baby!

    Amos Daniel @ JamieHooper.com

    ReplyDelete