Saturday, January 18, 2014

14 weeks!

My bump is starting to get a little more defined! I was concerned because I've been losing weight since the pregnancy began, but I weighed in at 132 this morning, which compared to the 130 I'd been earlier this week sounded pretty good.
Around 11am yesterday, I started getting very severe mid-to-upper back pain, which I thought was caused by the bad sitting position I'd been in all week for work... but by last night, it was so bad that in order for me to move, I had to have someone lift my torso up from the couch/bed. Bathroom runs were not a good time. This morning, it had gotten even worse, and I woke up at 7am with no ability to roll out of bed on my own, so I called my doctor's office, and the doctor on call told me to go to the hospital's labor and delivery unit for a urine sample in case it's kidney stones or a kidney infection. He assumed it was muscle spasms, though. I called the hospital, and they said I could just go to the ER, which isn't something I want to do again anytime in the near future after two visits in the last few months, so I decided to wait it out and see if it worsened. I slept for a few more hours and as of right now, my pain has eased a lot, and I'm able to stand up straight/sit down without too much discomfort. I just hope this isn't a recurring thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment